At various times, Berik Kaniyev held senior positions in oil refining companies such as KBK Corporation, Neko Ltd and Kazakhoil.
Currently, he is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC 2003, carries out strategic management of Lancaster Group, currently is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC Lancaster Group Kazakhstan, a member of the Board of Directors of ERSAI Caspian Contractor LLP.
Member of the Kazakhstan chapter of the international Organization of Young Business Leaders Organization of Young Presidents (YPO Kazakhstan).
- Co-founder of the Kazakhstan brand of schools "Quantum STEM School"
- Founder of the Public Environmental Fund "AirVision.Kz "
- President of the Republican League of Youth Football "Jas Qyran"
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Non-profit Joint Stock Company "Republican School of Physics and Mathematics" (RFMSh)
- Co-founder of the RFMSH Alumni Foundation
- Trustee of the educational project for rural schools "IQanat"
- Member of the Board of Trustees, patron of the charitable foundation "ANA UYI" (Mom's House)
- One of the founders of the Public Foundation "Nurlan Kapparov"
- One of the founders of the "Nurlan Kapparov Graduate Scholarship Fund" at the Harvard Kennedy School of Public Administration
- Founder and Chairman of the Board of the Arlan Football Club
• 2021 Jubilee Medal for the "30th anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan"
• 2020 Honorary Worker of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan
• 2019 The Order of "Kurmet"
• 1999 Medal "Eren Enbegi ushin"
Berik Kaniyev graduated from Kazakh State University named after S.M. Kirov and Duke University with an MBA degree.